Monday, July 28, 2014

Bye Bye, Carema

I sold my first road bike yesterday: it was a bittersweet occasion! I'm glad for the extra space in the garage, and my new man Jake the Snake is plenty of bike for me. But the Carema was a great first bike and I really liked it a lot.

I was so excited when I bought it.

You never forget your first.
Well, it went to a good home. The woman who bought it fell in love immediately and didn't even haggle. Happily, for me, I sold it for only $22 less than I bought it. I did leave the rack on the back, though, which I had added. I would say, for sure, I got at least $22 enjoyment out of the bike in the 1600 or so miles I spent riding. :)

Still, being the emotional sap I am, I did get a little teary-eyed when it left. But I love my Jakey lots more than I ever did this bike, so it's cool.

1 comment:

  1. Change is always hard! My husband bought new sunglasses while we were on vacation (he wears them everywhere...) and I was having way more trouble with it than I should! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete