Monday, April 1, 2013

Freakin' Easter Bunny Chocolates


Starting weight: 151.8
Freakout weight: 145
Today's weight: 149.3
Freakout factor: Easter weekend eating fail :( darn you, Robin's Eggs!


I don't even like them that much.
Well, the only thing to celebrate about today's weigh-in is that I talked myself into getting on the scale. Hiss! And the damage probably won't even catch up to me for a few days, as all that sugar converts to fat. 

Ah, well. Press on. I did get on my bike, briefly, this weekend even though the kids were home (haha, I like how "riding a bike" is something to do when the kids are gone - how screwed up is that?). It was a very short ride, but it cleared my head, 'cause I gotta say, it was a rough weekend.

I broke up with Mr. W on Friday night. You saw that coming...he did not. Which is so unfortunate, but also illustrates how far apart we were. I had been telling him for over a month that I couldn't handle how *heavy* he is about everything. I am not a serious person, he is a very serious person. I told him it was depressing me, and that I *need* to be able to just have fun and be lighthearted with him. 

Ugh, I won't go into all the details here. I bawled, breaking up with him. On paper, he is so perfect. I wanted so badly to fall in love with him, but I did not and was not going to, either. He was blindsided. Even after we had barely spoken all week, even after I texted him and asked him to meet me at the lake to talk...it was sad. He has been texting me (ironic, considering this is what I've asked him all along to stop doing so much of) trying to get me to reconsider. It stinks. The coup de grace today was asking me to meet with him because "he wants to be able to defend my position." Sigh.

Deep sigh.

And in a "what is that woman thinking?" way, I saw Greg a couple more times:


Hopefully not. Jury's still out.
My favorite things that he's said are "I was wrong," "I blew it," "I'm sorry," and "forgive me." I also like "you were right," haha, but that's always one of my favorites. I'm not raking him over the coals. We'll give it another try and if it works, it works. I decided I'd rather try with him again and fail than stay with Mr. W, which I already knew was not right. 

I did get a jab in, though, when he asked if I was meeting Mr. W. "Yeah," I said, "What kind of monster breaks up with someone by text??"

The rest of the weekend was lovely, though. We had gorgeous weather, and I greatly enjoyed my son's lacrosse game on Saturday. Don't tell him, but I like watching lacrosse a lot more than football! So fast paced! He makes me swear my loyalty to football, though.


My Boo is #11 on the right.

Newport Knight (red) on the left.
Saturday night, my daughter graciously agreed to babysit my youngest while I took Blake to a professional (?) indoor lacrosse game - the Washington Stealth. It was a blast! Where has lacrosse been all my life?


I am soooo easily amused.
Sadly for Mr. W, lacrosse is what got him dumped, in the end. See, he was supposed to come to Saturday's professional game with us. And I started thinking that it wasn't fair to my son, or to Mr. W, to spend an evening together, knowing what I was going to do. And Mr. W had texted me that he had made his hotel reservation to go to an out of town lacrosse tournament with us in April. And I was thinking, we all need to know what's what so we can get on with our spring and summer plans.

I feel badly, but I feel like I made the right decision. I slept great this weekend. I'm going to jump right back into it, slowly, with Greg, which is perhaps a bit tasteless. Reckless, perhaps? Ah well. I've been the dumpee enough in my life, I might as well do what feels right as the dumper. Who knows if it will work between Greg and I, but I am happy to give it a shot. And I can handle it if it doesn't work out, too: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...

Coming back to add: Sometimes I feel badly when my WLS/running/cycling blog only talks about men and candy. :) So after re-reading this post, I was inspired to go "run" the stairs in my building. And you know what? I can't remember for sure, but I'll bet ya I just broke my old record! I did sixty-two flights in 16:27. I did a quick search through the blog and my facebook page, but can't find any references to my old times. It has been a loooong time since I climbed the stairs, but I guess I'm in pretty good shape these days because I knocked them out with only a brief leg cramp to complain about!





7 comments:

  1. Your last paragraph reminds me of that Nirvana song, "I smell sex and candy." I'm sure that's partly what keeps us all reading.

    What a great idea to run the stairs!

    I'm sorry the breakup with Mr. W was so painful for both of you, but it was obviously coming. Does this mean you have to break up with your cycling group too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Connie, you sure got that song stuck in my head!

      I do not intend to break up with my cycling group. This is one teeny tiny group that I love, and Mr. W has a bazillion biking friends. I am still going. I suspect he will, too.

      Delete
    2. I was probably too young to hear the song and that's why I loved it. It's Marcy Playground, not Nirvana :)

      Delete
  2. I love the dating/candy posts. Eventually I think when we all get to a certain part in our weight loss journey's that we start talking about other stuff! Your "other stuff" is so fun to read! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 62 flights? Awesome.

    I personally love the men and candy posts. Also, that candy is exactly what did me in this weekend too. I finally spilled water on them and threw the bag away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you don't know this Julie, but as long as you have talked about Mr. W...whenever I hear this song (Alex Clare: Too Close) I have always thought of you JUST because of the way you have described him. I thought of telling you that but then I thought, "well, what do I know..." But now that you have blogged this I will share the lyrics with you. You've probably heard the song.
    You know I'm not one to break promises
    I don't want to hurt you but I need to breathe
    At the end of it all, you're still my best friend
    But there's something inside that I need to release
    Which way is right, which way is wrong
    How do I say that I need to move on
    You know we're headed separate ways

    And it feels like I am just too close to love you
    There's nothing I can really say
    I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more
    Got to be true to myself
    And it feels like I am just too close to love you
    So I'll be on my way

    You gave me more that I can return
    Yet there's so much that you deserve
    Nothing to say, nothing to do,
    [- From: http://www.elyrics.net -]
    I've nothing to give
    I must leave without you

    You know we're headed separate ways

    And it feels like I am just too close to love you
    There's nothing I can really say
    I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more
    Got to be true to myself
    And it feels like I am just too close to love you
    So I'll be on my way

    So I'll be on my way

    And it feels like I am just too close to love you
    There's nothing that I can really say
    I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more
    Got to be true to myself
    And it feels like I am just too close to love you
    So I'll be on my way

    So I'll be on my way
    So I'll be on my way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect song, Sheila! I love this song - haha, now it will have new meaning for me. You are exactly right.

      Delete