Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Randomness

First off, Kim over at 23imaginaryfriends tagged me on a runner's thing that was going around. I think there were running questions that prefaced the individual questions Kim asked, but I'll skip those. ;) Here's my responses to her questions:

My 11 questions

1. Do you have a favorite reality TV show?  Why?
I have three that I will not miss (even if on DVR or On Demand): Top Chef, Project Runway and ack...omg...I am getting so old...I cannot remember the third even though it was in my head just one moment ago. Let me come back to this.

2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, which one is it?

It wouldn't be a long life, I guess, but I loves me some skinny crunchy breadsticks. Or good tortilla chips and pico de gallo.

3. What is the last Groupon you purchased?  If you don't Groupon, what is the last "great deal" you purchased?

I think the last one I purchased was for $25 bowling for $50. My two friends also each purchased one. We better get the hell out there before those coupons expire!

4.  What was the first run/walk race you finished?

I haven't done one. I'm almost on the verge of sort of caving into pressure and doing a 5K. We registered for the Seattle St. Patrick's Day one last year, but then it was a rainy, miserable day and we all bailed.

5.  You just won a round trip ticket to anywhere on Southwest airlines.  Where do you fly to and why?

Oh, someplace warm and sandy, please!

6.  What were your wedding colors?  Or what do you want them to be?

Peach and mint green. Ack. Next time, it's courthouse to airport, baby. See warm and sandy, above.

7.  Do you eat breakfast?

Very rarely, although I am dedicated to getting my Earl Grey tea ASAP every morning and I keep it flowing all day.

8.  Salty or sweet?  What is your favorite?

Salty, hands down. I can generally avoid sweet pretty easily.

9.  iPad or laptop?

Laptop. But I have an iPhone, and I do almost all my computing on it.

10.  To bed early or sleep in late?

Both, please. I am such a slug these days. But really, I tend to go to bed early and get up early(ish).

11.  Go grab your iPod.  What is the first song that pops up or is on your first playlist?


Bahaha, I confess, I let Cappy fill up my iPhone with his...uh...different music. The first song on shuffle is Aviador Dro - Antimateria. Umm, I don't even know which is the band and which is the song. It's club music. This one's in Spanish. I have music from all over the world, so I don't even try to listen to lyrics these days, haha. Ray's music is decidedly different from anything I've ever listened to, but it's really quite good. I'll put in the headphones and get going at work, it's good background. 


********************


Have I blogged here that I have noticed I get very sad/depressed when I ovulate? Well, why on earth wouldn't I have told you this before? I tell you everything! hahaha. Anyway, I wonder how I'll track that now that I've been rendered barren. My womb is a hostile place where no child will grow, thankyouverymuch. I'm thinking I won't have trouble tracking it, because THOSE WILL BE THE DAYS THAT I AM ABOUT TO SLIT MY WRISTS. I'm hoping today will be better. But I did pull up my little iPeriod tracker, and sure enough, this is ovulation time. It has been a hard, hard, hard couple days. I am feeling better thus far this morning, though, so I think the worst is behind me. I really need to time this right with a nice man and see if, umm, a diversion of sorts would help change my attitude. 


Men. I got nothing. Cappy and I are like the Odd Couple now. Or Golden Girls. The other night when I dumped him, I confess that I did it because I was a) slightly intoxicated, b) really, really mad at that Navy guy, and c) he called me "kiddo" when he dropped me off. Yesterday afternoon he texted me "Happy Single Awareness Day" (which is actually what I posted to my facebook yesterday morning, so we do think alike, haha). Sooooo not a boyfriend. I recanted the dumping though, because I do have such fun with him, and, really, what else have I got going on? We have dialed it way back, though. It was that we were spending every free minute of my kid-free time together.


Weight loss. Having goal within sight has rejuvenated my commitment, and I've been eating tuna packets and hard-boiled eggs again. Uh, until yesterday, when I feasted on a small piece of fudge (very small, actually), a couple handfuls of chocolate covered almonds, a bite of a chocolate-covered caramel (which I threw away, I hate those - I was tricked), and probably a half-dozen Dove chocolate-cherry hearts. This was not weight-loss eating. T'weren't nothing compared to how I would have eaten pre-op, but it was a lotta candy.


And I think that's about all I have for you today. Still can't remember my third don't-miss reality show. I always like Amazing Race, but my interest in that has waned over the last several seasons. It's not Survivor or any of those. Huh, maybe it's just Top Chef and Project Runway. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Race, I loved. Then I saw the new season is season 20! Eek, not sure why that was such turn off, but it was.

    I'm glad you are feeling better. Now I can text you a picture of what S did for Valentine's Day. I didn't ask him to do this, mind you.

    ReplyDelete