Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun in Da Sun / What the Hell Kind of a Doll Are You?

I will follow Jen's lead and capitalize Sun in this post, because here in Seattle, it is Sunny today! And it is supposed to be Sunny all weekend! You have no idea what delirium a little Sunshine brings about in the community unless you have slogged through Seattle's nine months of winter. We are crazy stupid with the thought of bright skies. And on a WEEKEND?? Unheard of!!

Yesterday, I read Sleeve Pixie's post about the Meyers Brigg test and her ENFP result. I, too, am an ENFP and fit very squarely in this category. There was a description, though, about ENFP's being silly:

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

Hmm, I thought. I don't have a silly switch. I'm not particularly great with kids (first thing that comes to mind when I thought "silly."), I'm not the life of the party, I do not care for slapstick humor, etc. Nope, no silly switch here. Fun loving, yes! Silly, not really. I don't do funny voices, and um, in contrast to the article above, I am *not* a tickler par excellence. (Although the phrase was surely stuck in my head all day after reading it!)

But. Maybe I am silly. Because when I tell you tonight I am going to SAM (Seattle Art Museum) Remix Party to see the Nick Cave Meet Me at the Center of the Earth exhibit for the *third* time, just so I can have the rare opportunity to mix alcohol, live music and the dancing soundsuits...well, that just seems silly.






I am lucky I was not arrested for touching the soundsuits during my first two visits to the exhibit. I took my kids once, and my five-year-old *did* touch one - I was beside myself with jealousy. These things CRACK ME UP! And tonight the exhibit is closing, so they are doing a party which will be PACKED (they have these parties quarterly, I think). There will be music and people watching and alcohol, and FreeJulie using every bit of restraint to keep from touching the people dancing in the sound suits!

So yeah, I've got a silly side, I suppose. But I still hate Rob Schneider movies and would run Carrot Top down in a crosswalk (mostly out of fear).

Tomorrow, I will spend in pre-move preparations. Cleaning and packing, getting rid of stuff. I am reading the second Hunger Games book, and I will have to be careful not to start reading it too early in the day or I won't get anything done all day. Love these books! Thanks for the reco, Kim! My manager has read them, too, and we were joking yesterday that they are juvenile and have an unsophisticated plot line and pander to the readers. But then, they are written for pre-teens. Sigh. Very enjoyable reads. :)

Sunday - I am attending a Wine Blending Workshop and Four Course Dinner with friends. Uh, none of us know what wine blending is. But it's my buddy's birthday, and this is what she wanted to do, and we got a decent deal (it is hard for me to be unbiased about the value of four course dinners since I can only eat *a* turkey sausage link for breakfast, hahaha). So, we will learn how to blend wine, and then we will bring home our own custom blends that hopefully fare better than the homemade perfumes or scented lotions we've done as party events for my daughter's sleepovers in the past. Peeee-Yeeew. (I suppose that could just be "P.U." but I need for you to drag it out when you read it.)

Oh! And Guys and Dolls last night! (My, I sound like quite the socialite, don't I? Parties, events and alcohol, flitter, flitter, flitter. See me on my other favorite weekends - laying on the couch watching Law and Order reruns.) What fun! I did not know the story line at all, and as I was told, I did recognize of a few of the songs. (Luck be a Lady, Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat, Can Do.) That was a great show, but it kept me out well past my bedtime. Very enjoyable! I have not been let down by these Broadway-type performances before, although there have been some that I've been dragged to a little unwillingly.

Hmm, weight loss blog...topic, topic...I am rocking my size 10 jeans today! Yesterday, a strange man in the elevator was chatting me up and then fixed my coat collar. It seems my invisibility cloak is slipping off.

Edited to add - "What the hell kind of a doll are you?" Absolutely the best line of Guys and Dolls. It is surely a question people ask about me all the time, too.

3 comments:

  1. You are way more sofistikated than me! Those weird dancing puppets at the SAM do not turn me on at all!

    Size 10, huh? Once you lose a few more lbs (and if I can take out the hems at the ankles), you can send your new "old" clothes my way!

    So very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Size 10 - you freaking ROCK!!! You should sign up for the See Jane Run 5K with me - it could be fun.

    Secondly the SAM sounds like a Blast have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I wantes to say LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Hunger Games! So good!

    ReplyDelete