Monday, May 16, 2011

100 Push Ups

Eek. Thanks Jen at Runner...maybe? for a great idea. Well, it *seemed* like a great idea until I tried doing my initial push up test. This is a six-week training program to do 100 push ups. Um, my baseline is 10 girlie push ups. I have a ways to go to reach 100, haha.

Read about it here. Like Jen, I am concerned about my less-than-sculpted arms and related areas. And because Jen is doing the training program, and I am very good at glomming onto my friend's ideas doing things when I am motivated by friend, this will be fun.

Fun. Yeah, like climbing 88 flights of stairs a day is so freaking fun. But hopefully, with this program I'll begin to see some of the same definition and results in my arms and chest that I am seeing in my butt and thighs after all this stair climbing!

So, today's initial test was 10 push ups. I actually did 3-4 a couple times before that, but stopped when I saw people coming my way in the cube farm. (Yes, I did indeed drop down in my cube and do my push ups!) I wish I would have done the test consecutively without tiring myself out, but the reality is that I just don't have a lot of upper body strength, so I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

I'll be doing this on M/W/F

Day 1


rest 60 seconds between each SET (longer if required)

Set 1: 6 push ups
Set 2: 6 push ups
Set 3: 4 push ups
Set 4: 4 push ups
Set 5: max - at least 5 push ups

Day 2

Set 1: 6 push ups
Set 2: 8 push ups
Set 3: 6 push ups
Set 4: 6 push ups
Set 5: max - at least 7 push ups

Day 3

Set 1: 8 push ups
Set 2: 10 push ups
Set 3: 7 push ups
Set 4: 7 push ups
Set 5: max - at least 10 push ups

Exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I must try lol.
    I'm a copy cat too! But everyone always has great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the HOT ARM Club....lol lame name, but we need to help our arms - plus also then when we are out running or workout outside know one will mess with us becuase we have amazing GUNS....arms! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did pushups on the floor at work?!? That's just a little bit crazy. But, I like you that way.

    ReplyDelete