Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Didn't Get the House

Sigh. What bad news. It's pretty much what I figured, given how long it was taking to hear back from the owner. I figured they were negotiating a lease with someone else and we would be their back-up plan.

I am crushed. The kids are going to be crushed. At least now I know my current landlord will allow me to lease month to month while I continue looking - that is a big plus. I didn't want to lock myself into another long lease.
************
Hi Julie,


It saddens me to inform you that we have decided to rent the house to another family. From the many families who were interested in the house, we only considered your family and another family's application. Both of you had excellent references and stable income. This was the first time we had two potential tenants that we really liked and believed would be a good fit for the house and neighborhood. In the end, we had to make difficult decision.

I am sorry to be the source of bad news and I am confident that you will find another home in Newport neighborhood.

Sincerely,
S
******
Yes, it's a nice email, but I don't want to hear it. I am crushed, and PISSED. There will be other places.

7 comments:

  1. Oh man! Shoot. But, I think there just might be a better house out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this Julie. What a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sucks, I am very sorry to hear that. You will find something better though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that Julie. I hope there is something better waiting for you guys...and soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Julie! Hopefully, something better is in the plan for you soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well tht is a bummer, hopefully something will come up soon.

    ReplyDelete