Friday, April 1, 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!

Stairclimbing goal, that is. :) The goal: 20 flights every day, Monday-Friday. After Monday's time, we decided to try to get to less than 7 minutes 30 seconds by Friday.

The week:

Monday 8:58
Tuesday 8:30
Wednesday 7:46
Thursday 7:40
FRIDAY 6:55

Wahoooo! Of course, the 6:55 was followed by 6:55 of laying at the top of the stairs swearing, crying and breathing heavy. I swear I thought I was going to puke after about the 15th flight. And even now, a little bit later, my lungs feel like they're on fire.

But we did it, we did it, we did it!

Next week is an abbreviated week. Spring break for the kids, so my buddy will be gone a couple days. Instead of speed, we've decided to focus on endurance. We're going to work on doing a morning and an afternoon run. We'll try it Monday! Our other focus will be to add additional flights, a couple flights at a time. Our building is 62 flights, we've got room to play with, haha.

6 comments:

  1. Kind of sounds like you guys are having fun. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocks - my building is only 5 floors and when I climb the stairs to the top I am out of breath.....how do you count a flight by landing or up and back is one landing....I have always wondering that? You have inspired me to do my stairs on my breaks. I will try Monday and let you know how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it, Jen, it makes you feel like a warrior!!

    Haha, I keep goofing up my calcs for you. We count building flights, so each flight is:

    10 stairs + mid-landing + 10 stairs = 1 flight

    x 20 flights = 400 stairs. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We start on the 40th floor and go up to the 60th floor. Now, we do the first three flights without getting whiney. :) When we first started, we were going from the 40th floor to the 52nd. Then we decided to bump it up to the 60th some time ago.

    But as early as the third floor, we start the loud breathing. :) So you're doing great with five! A short building would be harder though, because you'd have to up your workout by going up, then down, or something. Our tall building is good because we only have keycard access to certain floors, so it's walk or nothing! But when we get to floors that one of us access to, it's always our joking safety net - "We *could* stop now..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on moving it on those stairs!

    ReplyDelete