Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seven Dwarves Diet


Gotta love a forty pound loss! It's forty-one, actually, so things are clipping along even farther. I am feeling great about my success. I'm also feeling a bit more up for the challenge of what to eat. Today, I'm going to make my own turkey meatballs/turkey burger/turkey meatloaf. Haven't quite decided what direction to take it.

Post-op VSG eating reminds me of a chick-lit book I read several years ago. I want to say it was from the "Shopaholic" series, but I don't think it was. Something of that ilk, anyway. There was a character, a single woman, who followed a "Seven Dwarves Diet." At the beginning of each week, she bought seven yogurts, seven apples, and seven tiny pieces of chocolate. (There may have been more food involved, I can't remember.) Anyway, that's how I feel about my eating. Anything I buy, I think, wow, that's going to go bad before I can eat it. Preparing ahead is tough because we just have the little freezer, and it's jam-packed. Maybe we'll concentrate on eating out of the freezer this week! Make a little space, make it a little more sleeve-friendly.

This will also be a fish week, I think. I'm finding that I'm focusing so much on eating protein, e.g. meat - that I'm eating these little sausages, or salamis, pepperonis, etc. Too much processed - too much sodium. This week, we're going to push that sleeve a little harder and go for foods I can make at home.

Part of that revelation was my last couple purchases from Costco. Yuck. I bought some aidells teriyaki and pineapple chicken meatballs. Too sweet for me. I've slathered a few in A1 sauce, but I just don't like them. I also bought some Aidells mini sausages - now I'm kind of turned off all of it. I'm thinking about being evil and returning it to Costco. Hmm. Maybe I'll call my parents and see if they want it.

Anyway....FORTY-ONE POUNDS!!

4 comments: