Friday, December 10, 2010

Why Do You Do the Things that You Do?

I'm doing it again - one of those silly things that keep me on the path to ruin. I'm s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g. It's 1:45 p.m. and I have not eaten today. So, I am trying to talk myself down Hunger Hill. No, I do not need to have yummy pizza for lunch. I do not need a giant meal that will have me nodding off at my desk in an hour, writhing around with a bloated belly ache.

Silly Julie. This is one of the many problems I need to address. Over-hunger = bad news. I've long since passed the point of hunger, then famished, then starving. Nope, I'm on to full-blown shaky hands, nothing sounds good, perilously low blood sugar.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is reason #503 that I am obese. Err, morbidly obese. Overcompensation for going too long between meals, or eyes-bigger-than-my-stomach syndrome.

Let's see how I can rectify the situation and come back to blog. :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Julie! You can do eet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah! You do have a blog! Thanks for following mine...I am going to do some reading here and get to know you. Do you have a surgery date yet? Best of luck for everything!
    ~Sheila
    P.S. - I don't see a way to follow your blog...I'm going to bookmark it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rachel and Sheila! Sheila, I added a little 'follow' box on the side. I'm enjoying your blog! Starting to find my way around obesityhelp.com, too. Lots of good information there!

    ReplyDelete